Chapter Ⅱ Examination Procedures
After completing the establishment in accordance with the network establishment plan, the applicant shall submit the following documents and apply to the competent authority for examination:
1. Public telecommunications network examination application form (hereinafter referred to as the application form)
2. Network configuration and description
3. Public telecommunications network examination self-assessment report (hereinafter referred to as the self-assessment report)
4. Other documents as required by the Technical Specifications for Examination of Public Telecommunications Network (hereinafter referred to as the technical specifications)
5. Those that are required to undertake the network performance examination of the value-added telecommunications services in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 4, Article 6, shall provide a value-added performance test proposal, which includes the review or test items, test methods and compliance standards.
6. Those that combine self-built and other telecommunications networks may submit the examination compliance certificate of the network of others.
Those that submit the examination compliance certificates of others’ networks prescribed in Subparagraph 6 of the preceding paragraph may be exempted from the examination of the said other network.
After the competent authority has received the application, it shall notify the applicant to pay the examination fee, which shall be remitted within the prescribed time limit and then submit the payment invoice to the competent authority.
If the submitted documents are deemed incomplete, the competent authority shall notify the applicant to undertake corrective action within a prescribed time period; for those that fail to undertake corrective action or whose corrective action is deemed incomplete within the prescribed time, the application for examination shall not be accepted, and the examination fees paid and the interest shall not be refunded.
After the applicant has submitted all required documents, the competent authority shall notify the applicant of the examination date, and the applicant shall cooperate with the competent authority to conduct the examination according to the examination date.
The applicant shall assign an engineering supervisor to participate in the examination prescribed in the preceding paragraph and assign more than one personnel to assist in the examination.
The examination methods of public telecommunications networks include general examination and network performance examination.
The test methods and compliance standards for general examination and network performance examination shall meet the technical specifications.
Those that set up a public telecommunications network to provide value-added telecommunications services may conduct their own tests, and submit the network performance self-assessment report of value-added telecommunications services to the competent authority for reference.
When the competent authority determines that there is a likelihood that the value-added telecommunications services provided by the public telecommunications network establisher may affect the public interest or the rights of consumers, it may order the establisher to conduct tests on its own and submit the self-assessment report on the network performance of the value-added telecommunications services to the competent authority for reference. The competent authority may conduct examination when necessary.
After the competent authority completes the examination in accordance with Paragraph 2 of the preceding article, if the examination result meets the technical specifications for general examination and network performance examination, an examination compliance certificate shall be issued; if the examination result meets the items and content of the self-defined value-added telecommunications services network performance examination, it may be announced on the website or other public platforms.
When the competent authority conducts the examination, if the examination result shows non-compliance, the applicant may submit the re-testing of the item to the competent authority on the spot, conditioned on that the improvement of the non-compliant review or test item can be completed within two hours, and the re-testing is limited to once only.
If the examination results are not in compliance, the applicant shall be notified, and the examination results and the non-compliant items shall be stated.