Chapter Ⅲ Examination Methods
Section 1 General examination
The general examination includes examination of network management and control capabilities, network maintenance management and network physical security, and all examinations shall be performed in accordance with the technical specifications.
For those telecommunications operators combining self-built and other telecommunications networks, the review or test items for their network management and control capabilities shall be as follows:
1. Obtaining authorization to use the telecommunications networks built by others.
2. The management and control capabilities (including fault management, configuration management, performance management, account management, security management, etc.) for various resources used (including hardware, software, network functions and systems) not being affected by partners.
The review or test items for network maintenance management shall be as follows:
1. Network status monitoring
2. Telecommunications records
3. Account processing
4. Subscriber data storage
5. Construction and maintenance log
6. Network incidents reporting
The review or test items of network physical security and info-communications security shall be as follows:
1. Telecommunications facilities power backup
2. Circuit backup
3. Grounding setting
4. Telecommunications facilities security
5. Submarine cable landing station
6. National security considerations for network telecommunications equipment
7. Info-communications security detection and protection functions
8. Negotiating with the communication surveillance enforcement agency to determine the establishment of a communication interception system or equipment
9. Demarcation point of responsibility
If the network does not use telecommunications resources, it may be exempted from examining its provision of the detection function to ensure the info-communications security prescribed in Subparagraph 7 of the preceding paragraph.
Section 2 Network performance examination
The network performance examination shall be divided into the examination of voice telecommunications services, data telecommunications services, multimedia content transporting platform services and value-added telecommunications services, and the sampling quantity shall be in accordance with the technical specifications.
The network used by each telecommunications services mentioned in the preceding paragraph may be a combination of fixed telecommunications network, mobile telecommunications network or satellite telecommunications network. The review or test items of network performance examination are as listed in the "Table of Network Performance Review or Items for Testing."
Those that are required to conduct the performance examination of the value-added telecommunications services network in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 4, Article 6 shall self-define the review or test items, test methods and compliance standards of the value-added performance proposal and provide them to the competent authority for examination.
The competent authority may take reference from international standards or practical requirements to revise the review items, test items, test methods or compliance standards of its examination when conducting network performance examination prescribed in the preceding paragraph.