Chapter 1 General Provisions
These Regulations are promulgated pursuant to Paragraph 8, Article 36 and Paragraph 9, Article 37 of the Telecommunications Management Act（hereinafter referred to as the Act）.
The terms of these Regulations are defined as follows:
1. Field Strength: means radio wave strength in μV/m or dBμV/m tested by Standard Half-wave dipole Antenna at a height of 2m beyond the induction filed of antenna（a distance from one wavelength of antenna at least）.
2. Ground Wave: Propagation of radio wave can be briefly classified as directed wave, reflected wave, refracted wave, diffracted wave, surface wave and scattered wave, where radio wave propagating along the surface of the earth is called Surface Wave and referred to as Ground Wave. Radio wave propagating from the reflection of the ionosphere is called Sky Wave. Directed Wave, Surface Reflected Wave and Ground Wave are jointly called On-ground Wave.
3. Relay Station: means station that doesn’t have the equipment to produce a program and uses a repeater system to receive programs from main station as well as broadcasts them.
4. Shared Metal Tower: a tower of metal construction on which radio transmission antennas of two or more radio and/or television stations are installed.
5. Wireless radio station: a station that broadcasts voice-modulated signals in the form of radio waves for public listening; by the way of modulation, there are amplitude-modulated and frequency-modulated radio stations.
6. Wireless television station: a station that broadcasts video-modulated signals in the form of radio waves for public listening and viewing.
7. Transmission power of transmitter: the average radio power from the output side of a transmitter to the input side of a connected antenna in W or kW.