Chapter II Market Definition Principles
To define a specific telecommunications service market, the competent authority may review relevant market information and consider the following factors for the announcement of the specific telecommunications service market:
1. Level of technology and service development;
2. Importance to overall telecommunications service market: level of demands of users or trading counterparts of the service;
3. Region or range of competition engaged: network architecture, network or service coverage associated with the telecommunications business;
4. Framework of and competition of the telecommunications service market: vertical integration and competition in wholesale and retail markets from up- to downstream, considering service demands and alternatives for supply.
The competent authority may request, in written form, the relevant telecommunications enterprise to provide the following information in a specified format while defining the specific telecommunications market pursuant to Paragraph 2, Article 27 of the Act:
1. Capital and services provided;
2. Number of employees hired by the telecommunications enterprise;
3. Financial report and accounting independent
financial report of the telecommunications enterprise and its affiliates of the previous year, reviewed and approved by a registered accountant;
4. Business status of the specific telecommunications service market engaged in, including range of service area, number of users, number of subscribers subscribing a tariff or service program, sales income, and cost analysis;
5. Items, number, and locations of essential facilities owned or controlled as announced by the competent authority;
6. Other information specified by the competent authority.
As the competent authority has defined the specific telecommunications market pursuant to Paragraph 2, Article 27 of the Act, the telecommunications enterprise that provided the specific telecommunications service shall provide relevant information according to the written notification in the format specified by the competent authority.