3. Type Approval Procedures:
3.1 Application category
The small base station type approval only addresses the RF equipment. Furthermore, the type approval is categorized into "restricted RF equipment" and "unrestricted RF equipment". If the diameter of antenna is less than or equal to 1.2 meters and only provide receiving functions, then the satellite transceiver belongs to "unrestricted RF equipment". The rest of RF equipment belongs to "restricted RF equipment".
3.2 The application of "Restricted RF equipment":
Applicant shall submit the "Satellite small earth station RF equipment type approval application form" (see Appendix 1) and the following documents to National Communications Commission (hereinafter refer to as NCC) for type approval application.
3.2.1 The photocopies of applicant's related ID document (shall identify the original document letters and the company's seals/signature of the applicant. NCC reserves the right to ask the applicant to provide the original documents).
22.214.171.124 For domestic manufactured products:
(1) Applicant is an equipment manufacturer:
The applicant shall submit his company business license, business registration license, manufacturer registration license, and operation license for the telecommunications restricted RF equipment.
(2) Applicant is an equipment distributor/agent:
The applicant shall submit his company business license, business registration license, distributor/agent license, equipment manufacturer company license, business registration license, manufacturer registration license, and operation license for the telecommunications restricted RF equipment.
126.96.36.199 For imported products:
The applicant shall submit company business license, business registration license, operation license for the telecommunications restricted RF equipment, and telecom equipment imported license/passport.
3.2.2 Approval equipment related documents:
(1) An Original and one photocopy of test report. The original test report shall be returned after review. (The test report shall be provided by the satellite communications operators based on the regulations specified in section 4.1)
(2) One copy of operating manual and detailed specifications.
(3) Equipment category and four 4x5" or larger color photographs of front and rear sides of the equipment/product (must clearly show brand name, and model)
(4) One copy of the circuit block diagram
3.3 "Unrestricted RF equipment" application:
Satellite communication service operator (hereinafter refer to as applicant) should submit the "Satellite small earth station RF equipment type approval application form" (see Appendix 1) and the documents specified in section 3.2.2 to NCC for type approval.
3.4 Inspection fee
Application fee is $2500 NT for each type.
3.5 Inspection procedures
The small base station RF equipment model approval flow chart is listed in Appendix 2. Applicant shall submit the application form to the NCC Public Telecommunications Department. After receiving an invoice from the NCC Public Telecommunications Department, applicant shall give the payment to Financial Division of the DGT Secretary Office.
3.6 Approval License Issuance
After review, if the document submitted by the applicant is compliant with the regulation/guidelines, an license will be issued to the applicant as described in Appendix 3. The license does not guarantee the equipment functionality, quality, and other test items
3.7 Cancellation/termination of approval license
For RF equipment that received the approval license, the NCC can cancel the approval license if the following conditions occur:
(1) The original equipment's design or functions were modified and the applicant does not submit material for reapplication.
(2) The submitted application document or information is found to be false or counterfeit.
(3) Infringement of intellectual property rights.
3.8 Other points for attention:
(1) For the equipment approved by the NCC , the applicant shall follow the format of the Approval Sticker example and attach to the equipment, or engrave on the equipment at an appropriate place. Before operating the equipment, applicant shall apply for the base station license according to the "Administrative Rules on Satellite Communications Service" article 21.
(2) For the test report NCC only reviews communications functionality between base station and satellite. NCC is not responsible for the special functions and reliability of the equipment.
(3) The Approval Sticker is proprietary to the applicant only. Other manufacturers shall receive permission from the applicant as well as notifying NCC for such request before using the approval sticker. Otherwise, these manufacturers shall submit their own applications for the approval licenses.
(4) For the approved RF equipment, the import, sale, installation and use of the equipment shall comply with related telecommunications regulations.
(5) Equipment with different type and different functions shall have separate applications.
(6) DGT reserves the right to inspect approval equipment at the equipment location.
(7) If the design of approved equipment is modified, this equipment shall be resubmitted for inspection. However, if the modification was only limited to its appearance (such as color) but its model number and functionality were not changed, then there is no need for reapplication, if got permission from NCC .