5 Testing Items and Approval Standards
5.1 Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC): shall comply with CNS 13439. Those that exchange information through its USB interface, internet network or updating information to head-ends shall comply with CNS 13438 simultaneously.
5.2 Electrical Safety (Safety): shall comply with CNS 14408.
5.3.1 No crash occurs during the broadcast for a continuous 12 hours.
5.3.2 No locking effect, frame freezing, frame skipping, crackling or ceased audio 2 / 14 during the program broadcast. A minimum four-hour test shall be conducted.
5.4 Video and Audio Format:
5.4.1 The data shall be decoded properly and broadcasted in the video format compiled with CNS 14357-2 MPEG-2 MP＠ML, and sound format complied with MPEG- 1 Layer I/II and CNS 14357-3 MPEG-2 Layer I/II of the ETSI TS 101 154 DVB standard.
5.4.2 The data shall be decoded properly and broadcasted in the video format complied with ISO/IEC MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 HP@L4 and HE-AAC, or sound format complied with MPEG-1 Layer I/II and CNS 14357-3 MPEG-2 Layer I/II of the ETSI TS 101 154 DVB standard.
5.5 Duration for Switching Program Channel (time required for the appearance of images of next program channel after the end of images of last channel program.
5.5.1 Duration for switching to adjacent program channel: ≦2.5 seconds. The switch shall be conducted by pressing the “up” and “down” keys of remote control.
5.5.2 Duration for switching to non-adjacent program channel: ≦2.5 seconds. The switch shall be conducted by pressing the number keys of remote control.
5.5.3 From January 1, 2019, the duration for switching to adjacent channel as prescribed in Item 5.5.1 shall be ≦2 seconds.
5.6 From January 1, 2019, the allowed duration for video and audio synchronization shift: within ±45 milliseconds (ms). The allowed duration shall be within ±20 milliseconds(ms).
5.7 Service Information (SI)
5.7.1 Control of reception of and reception hours for rating programs: only after entering the correct password (shall be minimum 4 digits), users shall be able to access the video on demand (VOD) service, set the reception of and reception hours for channel programs, and change password.
5.7.2 Reception of rating programs 126.96.36.199 Program rating shall be displayed in the information bar and electronic program guide.
188.8.131.52 Programs with restricted content:
(1) Password shall be required for receiving programs with restricted content. However, password may be omitted for switching to other programs with restricted content.
(2) Before the password is entered, all program images and audio must be hidden.
(3) When switching non-restricted programs to programs with restricted content, the password requirement as described in (1) shall be applied.
(4) When images of programs with restricted content appear in the startup screen, the password requirement as described in (1) shall be applied.
184.108.40.206 Parental lock programs refer to programs that require password for the reception, apart from those with restricted content:
(1) Password shall be required for receiving parental lock programs. However, the password may be omitted for switching to other parental lock programs.
(2) Before the password is entered, program images and audio must be hidden.
(3) When switching non-parental lock programs to parental lock programs, the password requirement as described in (1) shall be applied.
(4) When switching back to parental lock programs from non-parental lock programs, the password requirement as described in (1) shall be applied.
However, if the equipment allows user not to enter the password during a specific period, the user may not enter the password during the set period.
(5) When switching parental lock programs to programs with restricted content, the password requirement as described in 220.127.116.11 (1) shall be applied.
(6) When images of parental lock programs appear in the startup screen, the password requirement as described in (1) shall be applied 5.7.3 Control of reception hours:
18.104.22.168 Only after entering the correct password, users will be able to set the reception hours and change password.
22.214.171.124 During non-reception hours, program images and audio must be hidden prior to 3 / 14 the password being entered.
5.7.4 Multi-language subtitles:
126.96.36.199 The set-top box hardware after the online firmware update of this function shall comply with ETSI EN 300 468 and EN 300 743, provide traditional Chinese and English subtitles, and support the subtitle selection function. Users may, through the user interface, activate or hide the subtitle display and select subtitles of different language. The default for subtitle display shall be activated and language shall be traditional Chinese.
188.8.131.52 Item 184.108.40.206 shall be activated from January 1, 2019.。 5.7.5 Electronic Program Guide (EPG): shall receive EPG information transmitted by head-ends and accurately decode and display the information. See attached Table 1 for relevant rules.
5.7.6 Firmware Auto-Update: featuring the online firmware auto-update (that is, the update of firmware is conducted by the head-end system online) and firmware version checking functions.
5.7.7 Display of Inserted Subtitle:
220.127.116.11 Shall receive the content of inserted subtitles transmitted by head-ends, and the content shall be accurately decoded and displayed.
18.104.22.168 The transmission location, display time and number of message characters shall comply with filial laws stipulated according to Paragraph 2 of Article 39 of Cable Radio and Television Act.
5.7.8 Information on Natural Disaster and Emergency: shall receive natural disaster and emergency related information that are transmitted by head-ends, and comply with the following requirements:
22.214.171.124 Enforcement of the switch to specific program channel(s) and broadcast related information; or
126.96.36.199 Natural disaster and emergency information shall be displayed as inserted subtitles in all, partial or designated program channel(s).
5.7.9 Multi-Track Output: shall comply with ETSI EN 300 468, receive the content of at least two sets of tracks, and accurately decode and display the said content.
5.8 Audio Output
5.8.1 General audio format shall support stereo output (individual channel of L+R shall be able to output audio).
5.8.2 Signal Level: ≧1 Vrms. The testing signal shall be 1 kHz sine wave under 0 dBFS MPEG and the load impedance shall be 100 kΩ.
5.8.3 Total Harmonic Distortion with Noise (THD+N): ≦0.3%. The testing signal shall be 20 Hz to 20 kHz sine wave under -3 dBFS MPEG and the load impedance shall be 100 kΩ.
5.8.4 Frequency Response: within ±0.5 dB. The testing signal shall be 20 Hz to 20 kHz sine wave under 0 dBFS MPEG and the load impedance shall be 100 kΩ.
5.8.5 Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR): ≧70 dB, including unweighted and A-weighted modes. The testing signal shall be 1 kHz sine wave under 0 dBFS MPEG and the load impedance shall be 100 kΩ.
5.8.6 L.R Cross Talk): ≦-70 dB. The testing signal shall be 1 kHz sine wave under -20 dBFS MPEG and the load impedance shall be 100 kΩ 5.8.7 L.R Phase Difference: ≦5 degrees. The testing signal shall be 20 Hz to 20 kHz sine wave under 0 dBFS MPEG and the load impedance shall be 100 kΩ.
5.8.8 L.R Power Level Difference: ≦0.5 dB. The testing signal shall be 20 Hz to 20 kHz sine wave under 0 dBFS MPEG and the load impedance shall be 100 kΩ.
5.8.9 Dynamic Range: ≧70 dB. The testing signal shall be 1 kHz sinusoidal audio signal under -60 dBFS MPEG and the load impedance shall be 100 kΩ.
5.8.10 Other rules: those whose testing signal is sine wave within the frequency band of from 20 Hz to 20 kHz shall test at least 31 frequency points during this range. See attached Table 2 for frequency point related details.
5.9 Video Output
5.9.1 Support video encoded in the standard NTSC format.
5.9.2 Feature the composite video and component video or HDMI output functions.
5.9.3 Composite Video (Composite Video Broadcast Signal; shortened as CVBS) Output:
188.8.131.52 Amplitude Characteristics:
(1) Bar Amplitude: within 100 IRE ± 5 IRE.
(2) Sync Amplitude: within 40 IRE ± 2 IRE.
(3) Bar Width: within 18 milliseconds (us) ± 0.5 milliseconds (us).
(1) Distortion of 2T Sine Wave (K-2T): within ±1.5 %.
(2) Ratio of 2T Squared Sine Wave and Bar Amplitude (K-PB): within ±3 %.
184.108.40.206 Frequency Response and Distortion (Multi burst): see attached Table 3 for relevant rules. The video output of multi burst images with 6 different frequency packets.
220.127.116.11 Gain Distortion of Luminance Non-Linearity: within ± 5 %.
18.104.22.168 Distortion of Chrominance Non-Linearity
(1) Gain Distortion: within ±3 %.
(2) Phase Distortion: within ±2 degrees.
(3) Distortion of Chrominance to Luminance: within ±2 %.
22.214.171.124 Distortion of Chrominance to Luminance
(1) Gain Inequality: within 100±10 %.
(2) Delay Inequality: within ±30 nanoseconds (ns)
126.96.36.199 Chrominance AM / PM Noise
(1) Amplitude Modulation Noise (AM Noise): ≦-45 dB rms.
(2) Phase Modulation Noise (PM Noise): ≦-45 dB rms.
188.8.131.52 Distortion of Differential Gain & Differential Phase
(1) Distortion of Differential Gain (Diff. Gain): within ±5 %.
(2) Distortion of Differential Phase (Diff. Phase): within ±5 degrees.
184.108.40.206 Noise Spectrum Level
(1) Noise level for frequency range between 0.1 MHz to 4.2 MHz: ≦-52 dB rms.
(2) Noise level for unified weighting: ≦-58 dB rms.
220.127.116.11 Characteristics of Color Bar Signals: See attached Table 4 for relevant rules.
5.9.4 Component Video Output:
18.104.22.168 Shall support the quality and performance requirements for resolutions of at least 720p and 1080i.
22.214.171.124 Characteristics of Channel Delay
(1) Channel Delay of“Y”to“Pb”: within ±40 nanoseconds (ns).
(2) Channel Delay of“Y”to“Pr”: within ±40 nanoseconds (ns).
(3) Channel Delay of“Pb”to“Pr”: within ±40 nanoseconds (ns).
126.96.36.199 Characteristics of Color Bar Amplitude: see attached Table 5 for relevant rules.
188.8.131.52 Characteristics of Noise Spectrum: see attached Table 6 for relevant rules.
5.9.5 HDMI Output:
184.108.40.206 Shall support the quality and performance requirements for resolutions of at least 720p and 1080i.
220.127.116.11 The transmission interface shall comply with HDMI 1.1 above version.
5.10 Reception Interface
5.10.1 Those with the DVB-C transmission standard.
18.104.22.168 Equipped with cable ratio and television signals and domains that comply with the country’s regulations and the ETSI EN 300 429 technical specifications.
22.214.171.124 Reception Sensitivity (refers to every received television channel): those of 64 QAM shall receive input signals within the range of 43 dBuV to 77 dBuV accurately. Those of 256 QAM shall receive input signals within the range of 47 dBuV to 77 dBuV accurately.
126.96.36.199 Signal to Noise Ratio for Additive White Gaussian Noise Interference: 64QAM≦ 26 dB; 256QAM≦33 dB. The testing signal is 60 dBuV.
188.8.131.52 Acceptable Value for First Adjacent Channel DVB-C Interference:
(1) Those with a main signal of 64 QAM: the level of 256 QAM digital adjacentchannel interference signal and NTSC analogue adjacent-channel interference 5 / 14 signal shall be ≧21 dB than the main signal.
(2) Those with a main signal of 256 QAM: the level of 64 QAM digital adjacentchannel interference signal shall be ≧11 dB than the main signal. The level of NTSC analogue adjacent-channel interference shall be ≧16 dB than the main signal 184.108.40.206 Interference through Micro-Reflection: see attached Table 7 for relevant rules.
220.127.116.11 Duration of Burst Noise Interference: ≧25 microseconds (μs). The testing signal is an impulse of C/I=15dB with a repetition rate of 10 Hz.
18.104.22.168 Phase Noise Interference: the phase noise interference signal is ≧-88 dBc/Hz at 10 kHz frequency offset. The testing signal is a radio-frequency signal of 64 QAM/256 QAM.
22.214.171.124 The frequency compensation for reception deviation: within 150 kHz. The testing signal is 64QAM/256QAM.
126.96.36.199 Transmission Symbol Rate: 3.6 M Symbol/s to 5.217 M Symbol/s. The radiofrequency signal with a 64QAM / 256 QAM roll off of 0.15 has been adopted for the test.
188.8.131.52 Return Loss: ≧8 dB. The input impedance of signal is 75 Ω.
184.108.40.206 Electromagnetic Susceptibility (EMS):
(1) Shall comply with CNS 14409.
(2) Shall comply with CNS 14676-3 (Only need to test frequency bands including 703 MHz to 748 MHz, 758 MHz to 803 MHz, 885 MHz to 915 MHz and 930 MHz to 960 MHz. Their radio tolerance ≧1 V/m and interference signal is an 80% amplitude modulation applied to 1 kHz sine wave. The testing signal is the 64 QAM / 256 QAM radio-frequency signal of 60 dBuV.
(3) Shall comply with CNS 14676-4 (the power line shall comply with the level of 1KV; the signal line shall comply with the level of 500V.
(4) Shall comply with CNS 14676-5 (the power, neutral and ground lines shall comply with the level of 2KV; the level of 1KV shall be reached between lines).
220.127.116.11 Receiving Decoding Capability: where the data transmission rate is below 64 QAM, the flow shall be >28.85 Mbps. Below 256 QAM, the flow shall be >38.4 Mbps.
18.104.22.168 For testing items from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199, one of every 10 television channels shall be selected for the test. Where the number of television channels is less than 10 will be counted as 10.
188.8.131.52 For testing items from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11, a test of at least 20 seconds (s) shall be conducted.
5.10.2 Those that have adopted the Ethernet transmission standard.
18.104.22.168 Packet Jitter of Peak-to-Peak Value: ≧ 50ms。 22.214.171.124 Receiving Handling Capability
(1) Single Program Transport Stream (SPTS): ≧20 Mbps。
(2) Multi Program Transport Stream (MPTS): ≧60 Mbps。 126.96.36.199 Receiving Decoding Capability
(1) Those whose standard high-quality program is transmitted with the MPEG-2 compression technology, the flow shall be > 3Mbps; those who have adopted the MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) or VC-1 compression technology for the transmission, the flow shall be >1.75 Mbps。
(2) Those whose high-quality program format is transmitted with the MPEG-2 compression technology, the flow shall be >17 Mbps; those who have adopted the MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) or VC-1 compression technology for the transmission, the flow shall be >10 Mbps.
188.8.131.52 Electromagnetic Susceptibility (EMS):
(1) Shall comply with CNS 14676-4 (the power line shall comply with the level of 1KV; signal line shall comply with the level of 500V).
(2) Shall comply with CNS 14676-5 (the power, neutral and ground lines shall comply with the level of 2KV; the level of 1KV shall be complied with between lines).
184.108.40.206 For testing items from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168, at least one high-quality program channel shall be tested.
5.11 PCMCIA common interference of CI set-top box shall comply with EN 50221 and ETSI TS 101 699.
5.12 Those that include the feature of USB extended interface shall provide at least one set of minimum USB 2.0 interface. The socket type shall adopt TYPE A or TYPE C interface.
5.13 For those with the recording function, the broadcast shall be limited to the set-top box and smart card or other encryption mechanism used during the recording.
5.14 For those whose reception information is uploaded to head-ends, the content of the said information must not contain information that can directly identify the specific person.
5.15 For those that include the features of WiFi, bluetooth or other radio-frequency interface, their radio-frequency performance shall comply with Low-power Radio-frequency Devices Technical Specifications.
5.16 Working Environment:
5.16.1 Shall maintain a normal operation under a temperature range of 5°C to 40°C, and relative humidity range of 45% to 80% (R.H.).
5.16.2 Manufacturers declare a normal operation within the upper and lower limits of the working ambient temperature. Besides, the temperature of any point of the machine’s metal shell must not exceed 70°C; for machines with a non-metal shell, the temperature of any of its point must not exceed 95°C.
5.16.3 For testing items 5.16.1 to 5.16.2, the testing duration shall be a minimum of 4 hours.
5.17 See attached Table 8 for testing items applicable to CA set-top box and CI set-top box.
5.18 Testing fixture and location required for item 5.7.4, 5.7.6 to 5.7.8, 5.13 and 5.14 shall be provided by the applicant.