Chapter 1 General Principles
The regulations are promulgated pursuant to Paragraph 6, Article 14 of the Telecommunications Act (hereinafter this "Act")
The definitions of terms in the Regulations are shown as below:
1. Digital Low-Power Wireless Telephone Communications: means the communications using mobile radio station, through Digital Low-Power Wireless Telephone communication network to perform the voice or non-voice communications.
2. Digital Low-Power Wireless Telephone Communication System: means the communication system constructed by Digital Low-Power Wireless Telephone radio station, exchange equipment, network administration and billing management equipment.
3. Digital Low-Power Wireless Telephone Communication Network: means the communication network constructed by the Digital Low-Power Wireless Telephone communication system and telecommunication wires, machines as equipment.
4. Mobile Station: means the radio terminal equipment used in the Digital Low-Power Wireless Telephone communications.
5. System Radio Station: means the equipment set on land and constructed the radio communication network linking to perform communications between mobile radio stations or other clients.
6. 1900MHz Digital Low-Power Wireless Telephone Services (hereinafter "The services"): means the business of the wireless telephony communication service provided by operator, using the 1900MHz Digital Low-Power Wireless Telephone communication network to proceed.
7. Business operator: means the chartered operator authorized and licensed by the Ministry of Transportation and Communications (hereinafter referred to as the NCC) to run the business.
8. Client: means one who registered to the service operator to use the 1900MHz Digital Low-Power Wireless Telephone communication service.
9. Roaming Telecommunication Service: means the service provided by an operator allowing its users to communicate within a Digital Low-Power Wireless Telephone communications network provided by other operators.
10. Important Public Construction: means high speed rail, railway, mass rapid transit, freeways, highways, airports, harbors, tunnels, or other public constructions used by the public with a certain scale and with the verification of other authorities.
The National Communications Commission (NCC) is the authority of the Regulations.
Running the business must be authorized and licensed by the NCC so that can start the business.
The start and end date of applying authorized and licensed cases of the business will be announced by the NCC.
The Executive Yuan will announce the number of licenses of the aforesaid application.
To apply being authorized and licensed cases of the business, except the mentioned in the Article 6, should conduct the two-step procedure as follows:
1. Step I: Authorizing the application, business proposal, other qualifications and credentials of the applicant stipulated in the correlative rules.
2. Step II: The qualifier of Step I examination (the bidder) should attend the tender bid under the correlated rules, the NCC will confer the business Establishment Approval after the tender pay the executive pledge.
More than one (including) case of applied for operating the service shall process the Step I for examination. More than one (including) case passed the examination shall process the Step II for bidding.
The frequency band opened to use for the business are as follows:
1. Frequency band A: 1885~1895MHz
2. Frequency band B1: 1895~1900MHz and 1975~1980MHz
3. Frequency band B2: 1900~1905MHz and 1980~1985MHz
4. Frequency band C: 1905~1915MHz
Each frequency band allocated by the subparagraph 2 and 3 of the preceding paragraph can only be used by one operator.
The operator who applies authority to operate the business under the rules of Article 5 can lodge the application for one of the frequency band arranged by subparagraph 1, 2, and 4 of paragraph 1. The operator who applies authority to operate the business under the rules of Article 6 can lodge the application for one of the frequency band arranged by subparagraph 1, 3, and 4 of paragraph 1.