Chapter 2 Application and Verification
Section 2 Experimental, Research and Development Telecommunication Network
The certificate of approval for network establishment of the academic and educational telecommunications network shall be valid for a period of one year.
Should the applicant not complete the establishment of the proposed academic and educational telecommunications network within the valid period of the certificate of approval, the applicant may state the reasons and apply to the competent authority for an extension one month prior to the expiration; the extension period may not exceed one year and shall be limited to once only.
Should the applicant abort the establishment of the network within the valid period of the certificate of approval, the applicant shall state the reasons and submit the established radio station list or network status data to the competent authority for future reference and also have the competent authority revoke the certificate of approval for network establishment.
If network establishment has not be completed within the valid period of the certificate of approval or should the competent authority revoke approval of the network establishment, the applicant shall promptly cease the establishment, dismantle relevant equipment, and act in accordance with the provisions set forth under Paragraph 3, Article 47.
Those who apply to establish an academic and educational telecommunications network and completed a schedule of the approved construction shall examine and provide a test report of the network security with self-assessment to the competent authority for approval, which afterward shall issue a license for the establishment and operation of network.
A license for the establishment and operation of academic and educational telecommunications network shall illustrate the following items:
1. Name of the establishment for the telecommunications network, Administrator Name and Address
2. The type of established telecommunications network
3. The geographical range of the establishment
4. The terms of service agreement or number of subscribers
5. The used frequency Band
6. The term of validity
7. Licensed date
Those who apply to establish a technical experiments and research and development telecommunications network shall fall under one of the following qualifications:
1. Telecommunications or broadcasting/television businesses.
2. Corporations or public and private research institutions that have committed to related research or manufacturing of telecommunications network and radio communications.
3. Educational organizations that have established related departments or institutes of telecommunications, radio communications or information.
4. Other companies or government agencies (organizations) that have the capabilities or experimental testing needs of establishing and managing experimental research and development telecommunications networks.
Those who apply to establish a technical experiments and research and development telecommunications network and have applied for radio frequency shall be limited to a maximum of 100 subscribers. However, those who are approved by the competent authority shall not be limited herein.
Those who apply to establish a technical experiments and research and development telecommunications network shall inspect and submit the following documents to the competent authority.
1. Application for the establishment and use of a technical experiments and research and development telecommunications network.
2. A proposal of the establishment.
3. Photocopies of the documents of establishment of the applicant or company registration certificate (except for government agencies or schools).
4. The services provided shall be chartered, permitted, or approved by other competent authorities for business objectives, with relevant supporting documents.
5. A CD-Rom containing the application in digitized documents (either PDF or ODF format).